Friday, November 21, 2008

Creative Cafe 4th of July Layout



I created this layout when the Creative Cafe collection first arrived in the store. It's still my favorite! The photos were taken on the 4th of July last year. I wanted to use a red, white & blue theme, but I also wanted to be subtle with it. Delaney was so proud that she & our neighbor girl had painted her nails red after the neighborhood parade. She jumped in the hammock to pose for me and to escape from the 105 degree sun that day.

I printed the photos in black & white, so the hammock stripes wouldn't compete with all the patterns in my paper. Mixing coordinating patterns is one of my favorite layout techniques, so I love black & white and sepia tone photos. Using neutral tone photos allows you to go wild with the colors on your page without worrying that your photos won't match with your layout. And since it's so easy to change photos to black & white or sepia on Costco's website, I take all my photos in color and change them later depending on which papers I choose. This photo has great color, I just didn't want to use it on this page. So next time you're printing out photos for a scrapbook layout, take a minute to consider the papers you'll be using on your page, a black & white photo may just make your "nice" page a "stunner"!

2 comments:

Shelvicious said...

Great page! I love the black and white picture.

Julie from JulieChats said...

Thanks! I like to use black & white. I think people all look better and the colors of the clothing and surroundings don't compete with the papers & embellishments I choose to use. I print my photos at Costco, so I can change them to black & white from color easily. I also love to use sepia tone (brown & cream).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...