Thursday, April 8, 2010

Layout of the Week - Spring Mini Album Project & a Punky Sprouts Sneak Peek

I've been a little busy lately to finish any actual layouts to feature as my "Layout of the Week," so I'm sharing what I have been working on.  This Saturday I'm teaching a class at the scrapbook store where I work, Whimzee's Scrapbook Studio in Beaverton, Oregon....in case you're in the area & want to sign up!  I taught this class at Christmas and a few people asked me to do it again.  I thought a Spring theme would be fun for the little mini album.  You could use it for a great Mother's Day gift or maybe for a special friend's birthday.

This project takes 3 pieces of cardstock, up to 14 different patterned papers, a couple feet of ribbon, lot's of adhesive and TONS of patience.  In just a couple hours you too can have a fun little album with lot's of little doors to hide all your photos & journaling.

I hope you're in the area so you can sign up for my class!  It really is much easier to make the album with a little help from someone who's done it before.  The instructions are kind of confusing, but if you're handy, you can probably make one up from my photos.  Give it a try when you have a couple hours & want to try something new.

I've got to get back to my projects for this week, two Punky Sprouts albums.  I've been very excited about Punky Sprouts for a few weeks now.  I had the chance to crop with one of the owners, Doralisa, and we had so much fun that I left pumped to give one of her albums a try.  It's so fun to be able to share a local Portland area scrapbook manufacturer with all of you.  Keep reading for links to the Punky Sprouts site & Facebook page, so you can ask your local scrapbook store to carry these awesome albums!

Here are a couple sneak peeks at my first project, using Chatterbox papers & embellishments, along with some great Kaisercraft paint colors!

Here's a quick look at the pages included in the Punky Posh album....

I'll share my take on this great album concept next week!

Head on over to the Punky Sprouts site to check out all their great albums!  I'm working on Punky Posh and Prim & Punky right now.  Punky Sprouts is on Facebook too & looking for a few more fans, tell them Julie sent you!

Just a little reminder to join me over at my fellow Portlander, Ann's, Virtual Girls' Night Out.  Join the party, every Friday night!  Ann's got a great music video, a yummy drink recipe and lot's of fun bloggers to hang with!  Get & Give tons of comments and find more followers for your blog!  Of course, you can visit Ann anytime...it doesn't have to be a Friday for you to get a laugh out of her adventures!

I also hang out every Tuesday at Today's Creative's Get Your Craft On party.  Head on over to another of my Pacific Northwest peeps' blog to find a huge list of links to other creative blogs.  Kim features a new creative blogger almost everyday and the huge Get Your Craft On blog hopping party every Tuesday.



Hey all you Mom Bloggers!!!!  Don't forget to head on over & check out all the fun, prizes & friends at 5 Minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party 2010!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Join me & enter to win! I'm hoping to win #6 The Double Stacked a lot of Love Necklace, #11 $100 Gift Certificate to Restaurant.com and #17 The Books Found Art and Real Women Scrap!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

21 comments:

Kat said...

Holy cute album!! Wish I lived closer cause I would SO attend your class.

the Chacogirl said...

Your art never ceases to amaze me. I'm such a clutz at paper stuff. Coming from Ann's and working my way through the blogs, almost forgot to feed the kids their supper:P Happy VGNO from down south in Paraguay, thechacogirl!

Ann Harrison said...

I do wish you luck in winning those great prizes you crafty woman!

Kat's making me feel guilty... I DO live closer and I don't come over for the classes. One day I will. I promise!

Happy VGNO Julie :->

Amanda said...

I love seeing scrapbook ideas! Stopping by from the ULB!

Additionsstyle said...

I am not into scrapbooking but I love paper and that cute album you created. It makes me wish I could take your class. Your work is wonderful, I look forword to checking out your future projects.

Libby said...

I do love to get new ideas for scrapbooking! I'll be back! looks great!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Oh I love this. Is the top photo a card or is it the front of your mini album? So pretty. I wish I was in the area. I'd take your class. New Mexico is a little far from you.
Blessings,
Nancy

BagsByMelanie said...

How amazing!! I am amazed how you can turn a piece of paper into something so wonderful! I am so jealous and impressed!!

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Just popping in from the UBP to be your newest Google Follower! Hooray! Hope you had a great weekend and have a great week! Swing by my blog when you get a chance!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

nicole lindsay said...

cute kids and cute scrapbooking projects! I am excited to start following you! penniesandthoughts.blogspot.com

Nanbon44 said...

love your little mini album project, hope you win at the UBP party

Crystal said...

Very cute projects!! I'm over from UBP10... and just started scrapbooking in the last 6 months or so... and still trying to find my creative side! Can't wait for inspiration!

Crystal
brennanjeremyme.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Too cute...I so want to scrapbook.....This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Annette Piper said...

I'm loving the colour combos you're coming up with - so inspiring :)

Forgetfulone said...

Very cute! I'm also saying hi from UBP10. I'd be by to say hi anyway since I follow your blog. I just admire your creativity so much.

Kristi said...

Wow this is amazing! Love the ideas and inspiration. You go girl! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and ideas. Just stopped by for ubp, what a great find!

Becky said...

Hi I'm visiting from UBP too! Have a great day!
-Becky
zanything.blogspot.com

Joy and Melissa said...

Just stopping in from UBP 2010!!! Joined your following. Like the clean user friendly type of blog, and interesting to read! Thanks, @madly59 Love your albums , wicked awesome as they say! :)

Jenn said...

Hope you had fun at the Ultimate Blog Party!

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by, say hi, and grab a free tutu lesson! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

Beautiful Day said...

Love your scrapbooking style. I like to be creative too, when I've got a moment! Found you at UBP10 and will become a follower. Come visit me! Wendy xx

Byrum Family said...

Thanks! I love your blog!! i found you on Blogger Party on 5 minuets for mom! thanks for the info

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...