Saturday, February 8, 2014

York Peppermint Pattie Snow Ice Cream

Today is our third day of snow here in Portland, Oregon.
We don't get a lot of snow here, so the 8 inches I have in my yard is a TON of snow for us!
We have done all the typical stuff that we usually head to the mountains for...sledding, CHECK...snowball fight, CHECK...build snowman, CHECK...put the car in 4 wheel drive and see if it's really that slippery out there, CHECK...after 3 days, we were sort of running out of things to do.

Then I saw a recipe a friend of mine posted on Facebook for snow ice cream!
I don't remember seeing this before, so we were all pretty excited to try it.
The recipe called for snow, milk, sugar and vanilla.

Thinking we might be running low on milk and seeing freezing rain in the forecast, I decided to go my own way and make up my own snow ice cream recipe.  I used International Delight's York Peppermint Pattie Coffee Creamer to flavor my ice cream.  My husband, kids & I LOVED it and we can't wait to make it again!  Maybe we'll try it tomorrow, although we'll have to break off the piece of ice on top of our snow (the freezing rain is clinking against the windows now).  After that, it may be another five years before we get this much snow again, so we have to enjoy it while it lasts!


York Peppermint Pattie Snow Ice Cream

8 Cups Snow
1 Cup International Delight Peppermint Pattie Coffee Creamer
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla

Scoop the snow into a large bowl, top with other ingredients, stir and enjoy!

As, I think of all the other wonderful flavors of International Delight Coffee Creamer, I would imagine they would all taste wonderful substituted in this recipe.  I'd love to try the Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream and Heath.  I'm sure you have your favorites!  I'd love to hear which ones you use to make your own Snow Ice Cream!  Leave me a comment!


Don't forget to stop by my friend Kim's link party for
all sorts of inspiration... Winter, Snow, Valentine & otherwise!



Find it over at Today's Creative Blog


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...