Monday, May 2, 2011

Layout of the Week - featuring Bo Bunny's Ad Lib Collection

I'm on a streak right now...two Layout of the Week posts in a row!!  This week, I'm featuring a layout I created with paper & embellishments from Bo Bunny's Ad Lib Collection.  This collection features some fun printed papers decorated with turquoise blue, creamy yellow, grass green & a nice cantaloupe-y shade of orange.


Lately, I've been creating a lot of one-photo layouts and the paper I chose for my background here works perfectly with one photo.  This photo is one of my favorites from last summer's trip to Seattle.  Delaney took this self-portrait of us on the Seattle-Bainbridge Ferry.  I mounted it on Bo Bunny's Licorice Flourish paper from the Double Dot Collection.  I trimmed the floral and dotted papers to use as embellishments.  Next I used two 2" x 12" strips of the Turquoise Stripe paper, also from the Double Dot Collection.  I punched one edge with a Wavy Dotted Scallop edge punch from EK Success.  Then I put the strips through my paper crimper and folded it to look like a pleated ribbon.



For a finishing touch, I added the Bo Bunny Ad Lib Trinkets to the upper left corner of the photo and a little fluffy orange yarn on each side.

Tips

For extra embellishments on your layouts, trim out a few of the graphic elements.  They add some texture to your layout and are very economical embellishments too!

Dig out that old paper crimper & use it to create a ribbon look with paper strips.  To give your layout an up to the minute look, use an edge punch to help your paper ribbon stand out even more.

And I know I've said this a million times, but use a black & white photo!  By printing in black & white, you can make any one of your favorite photos match any one of your favorite paper collections!

Supplies

Bo Bunny Ad Lib & Double Dot Printed papers
Bo Bunny Ad Lib Trinket embellishments
Embroidery Floss and Yarn, vendor unknown

Tools

Fiskars Paper Crimper
EK Success Punch

Join me over at Today's Creative for the Get Your Craft On Tuesday Blog Hop!

Get Your Craft On Tuesday

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!  I'd love to see what you think of my blog, so if you've got a sec, leave me a comment.  And if you have another sec and are interested in decorating, stop by my Willow House Julie page on Facebook & click "LIKE" to get bargains & decorating tips every day.  Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love all of the details and embellishments. Now following you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...