Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Core'dinations Design Team Call

Ask me what my favorite cardstock is...Go ahead, ask!  Well, that's easy!  I really LOVE Core'dinations Cardstock!  I love that it comes in a TON of colors!  I love that it textured!  But most of all, I LOVE THE COLOR CORE!  I can tear this paper and see a coordinating color inside.  I can also emboss and sand it too (or just sand, for a distressed look).  And I can't forget my most favorite thing to do with Core'dinations papers is to cut them in my Silhouette Cameo digital die cut machine.  All of their beautiful papers cut like butter in the Silhouette!

All these reasons came to mind when I saw that Core'dinations is having a Design Team Call!  I was recently chosen to be a part of the Craft Warehouse Design Team and I think that being a part of the Core'dinations team would be the perfect match for me.  I use Core'dinations papers on almost all my scrapbook layouts and papercrafting projects.  I can't imagine a project that wouldn't look a little nicer with some textured cardstock that has a fun colored core!

So, here I go...Core'dinations asked to see three projects featuring their amazing papers.  These projects are  some that I think show you lots of options for using Core'dinations papers and ones I think you'll enjoy seeing.  As always, I use a lot of color in my projects, along with some fun cuts from my Silhouette.  I hope you like them!


For this layout, the kids jumping in the pool reminded me of a clothesline.
I found the Loads of Fun die cut shape from Samantha Walker and altered it to fit my vision.
I added the flower & number 12 to the shirts and then I wanted to find a fun girls' swimsuit for
my clothesline, I found the Bikini by Sarah Bailey.  It was perfect with the addition of tiny holes for polka dots.  I love the way the Silhouette Cameo cuts such intricate shapes into the
Core'dinations papers!  Next, I used some tiny sanding tools to add a little texture to
my die cuts.  Distressing my little clothes lets you see the coordinating color inside the textured
cardstock and gives this layout that extra 'something'! 

Here are some close ups of this fun summer layout:



Next, I want to share a card I made this week with my favorite collection from Core'dinations,
the Vintage Collection.  I LOVE the Vintage Collection because you can see both colors of the paper in the texture without tearing or embossing it!  The Vintage papers give every layout an added color and texture without me doing a thing! My most favorite of all the hundreds of Core'dinations papers is Kisses from the Vintage Collection.  Kisses is the most perfect red for all my projects and, of course, its texture and colors give my projects and added depth I can't get with any other cardstock.

But back to my project!
I found this rainbow quote and the design of this card just popped right into my mind.
I used my Silhouette Software to design my own rainbow.
(I can explain how I did this, just let me know if you're interested in a post on it in the comments!)
I cut the entire rainbow out of each of the six yummy sheets of Core'dinations Vintage Collection papers.


Then I chose one of each color (in different sizes) and laid them together on my embossing folder.
This one is from Lifestyle Crafts.



After embossing the pieces, I used a sander to sand over the textured sections.  In this photo, the red and purple pieces have been completely sanded, while the blue piece has only been sanded on the right half.
You can see how much the design 'jumps' out of the Core'dinations papers when they are sanded
to reveal the inside core color of the paper.

I found this banner in my Silhouette library.  I used a Silhouette Sketch Pen and my own handwriting font to print the quote onto my banner.  Then, I cut the center of the banner.  The paper for the center of the banner is from the Core'dinations Whitewash Collection, and is called Washboard.
I cut the ends of the banner from metallic gold paper to symbolize the gold at the end of the rainbow.


I was very happy with the way the Silhouette Sketch Pens worked perfectly with the textured
Core'dinations paper!

For my last project, I want to share a double page spread layout I created to showcase
my daughter's birthday photos.
On this layout, I tore and sanded to reveal the coordinating bright colors inside the cardstock.
I love the way this paper adds just a little extra flair to my page!



 Here are some close ups of the Core'dinations papers at work!


I hope you enjoyed my projects featuring Core'dinations papers!

I also want to let you know that I'm in the middle of redesigning by blog and moving it over to juliechats.com
All of this should be finished by next week!
Stop over and LIKE my Facebook page for last minute details in case this site is down and 
the new on isn't quite ready yet!




2 comments:

dstandard said...

Great projects!!! Good luck!

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Transport Wheel Chair

Keep Posting:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...