Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Birthday???

Is today really my birthday? Am I really 39? Well, I guess that's what the calendar says! But I'm going to enjoy every last minute I have left being 38! After all, I wasn't born until 9pm, Pacific Time, so I even get 3 more hours than if I was born on the East Coast! I should be honest, it isn't really turning 39 that bothers me so much. It's the fact that when the clock strikes 9pm (Pacific Time, in case you forgot!), I will be starting down the 365 day long road that marks the end of my 30's. So many things have happened to me in my 30's...good things, bad things, sad things, wonderful things, painful things (in so many ways, Jake this means you!), strange things, difficult things.

I know I have so many more things I want to accomplish in my life. And I know that (insert the age I will be next year here) isn't the end of the world and I guess it isn't even that old any more. Most of my friends who are close to my age, have young children...well, not as young as Jake...and they are still leading lives full of fun & excitement.

I guess I just remember how old I thought my mom was when she turned (insert the age I will be next year here), and that was pretty old. But then I was 19 when she turned (insert the age I will be next year here)...and really...how much does a 19 year old know about being OLD!

So I guess I'd better just enjoy the last year of my 30's, because I'll be pushing 60 when Jake's 19 and when he thinks I'm old then...he'll be right!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAtticGirl said...

lol it's amazing what we think is old when we're young compared to when we're actually OLDER... Hope you have a special birthday!

Jacqueline Miller said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday, and here is to many more!

Xenia said...

Happy birthday (belatedly)!

p.s. following you from MBC Under 100!

Annette Piper said...

I'm with you. Perception is EVERYTHING .... especially at our age! ;)

Happy birthday!

Mandee said...

Happy Belated Birthday! One of my boys had a birthday on the 29th as well! Following you from MBC! :)

natalee said...

I hope you had an amazing birthday!!!

blakes said...

Hope you had an amazing birthday! My husband actually "cooked" me dinner on my bday this year and it was pretty good! LOL Following you from MBC.
-Blake
http://centerpetpharmacy.com/blog/

Nanny Dee said...

Just catching up on my blog reading and sending you a belated happy birthday!

Every year I can't believe I'm the age I am -- you always feel younger inside than the face staring back at you in the mirror. :D

Every age will be great because it is what you make it!

Bundle 2 Baby said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your blog! :)

Becki said...

Happy Birthday!! And I have to say I think your job sounds like so much fun!

Visiting your site through Harriet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...