Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Layout of the Week - Blazer Game

This layout celebrates Delaney's First Portland Trailblazer basketball game. A friend gave Dave his tickets for this game. Delaney had really been wanting to see a game in person, so this was perfect timing. The two of them had a great Daddy-Daughter night out. And we're only slightly worried that sitting in the club level section, with its endless free food, has spoiled Delaney for future games! We can't wait to answer, "Yes, those specks are the players!" and "No, you can't have all the candy you want, we have to PAY for it in these seats!"

But seriously, they both had a wonderful time and can't wait to do a Daddy-Daughter Blazer game again soon!

As for me, I had a great time with this layout. I started by cutting rectangles of varying sizes & laying them down in different ways until I was happy with the left side of the layout. Then I cut shapes to match for the right side. It helps if you write the sizes of your first pieces on their reverse sides for future reference.
I love symmetry, but wanted something a little different. So I laid out the right side exactly like the left and rotated it 180 degrees, ending up with the top right corner of my double page spread the same as the bottom left.

Next, I cropped my photos the same for each side and put them down in a semi-symmetrical design.
I inked the large rectangles and photo mats with red and black inks. My final touches on this layout were ribbon and a journal box stamped with the date of the game and an index card for journaling. Lastly, I added a trophy charm accented with ribbon to the box, adhered with a Glue Dot.
As far as journaling & titles go, sometimes it's nice to skip the large title and just go with a special memory of your event. Here's what I wrote in my box: Delaney's 1st Blazer game! In the long souvenir line...Delaney, "Dad Look!" Dad, "Yes, it's a nice Christmas tree..." Delaney, "No Dad! Look up there at the TV, the game just started, we'd better get back to our seats!" DADDY'S PROUDEST MOMENT!!!

Supply List

Red & Black Textured Cardstock
White Cardstock
Scrappin' Sports Custom Paper, Blazer Basketball from Whimzee's Scrapbook Studio
Misc. Red, Black & White Ribbons
Karen Foster Mini Charm - Talents (I used the #1 trophy)
Autumn Leaves Doodle Tagged Stamp Set, True Story
Date Stamp from Joann's
Colorbox Inks Black & Scarlet
Creative Memories 1 1/2" square punch

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job! Matched the color to the pictures, n well orgnized! You make me wanna re-start my scrapbook!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Hey Julie, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I am a local girl. Lived in PDX for years, then moved to Camas. I may have to venture over to the store you work at. We don't have any around me. :)

Unknown said...

It looks great! I wish I had that kind of talent!

Stacie said...

You did a fantastic job on this layout!

Mandala Michelle said...

There is nothing better than one on one time with your kids. Glad you were able to capture that and honor it so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic layouts, you did a great job so much better than my scrap book I haven't touched in forever!!!

Stopping by cuz I saw you featured at I am Harriet and wanted to give you some comment love!

Love your "home" here and will stop back by.

A Lil Enchanted said...

Dropping by from Harriets...
You have some awesome scrapbook layouts! I wish I could get back to some scrappbooking myself... it's been awhile...

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Pink Nothings said...

you have some skills!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...